Friday, November 28, 2008
















































Every time I do the pictures on here they come out in a weird order, so I apologize at the confusion. Tyler had his first ER visit today. We went to my parents house for dinner and then we headed over to Aunt Rachel and Uncle Daryl's house to have desert. Well we were just about to go home, Karl ran to the bathroom and I was following Tyler around the house to keep him from getting into drawers and the cat food and the laptops. When I turned my back for just a minute, ironically I was talking to Rachels sister about baby proofing their house. Tyler screamed bloody murder. He had booked it over to the fireplace and touched the hot glass, thus burning his left hand on his finger tips and the pad just below his fingers. I was so scared. We went to my mom's house again to see if my parents could solve the problem, but even we didn't realize how bad it was. Tyler was still screaming so we went to the hospital. I let Karl drive because he does better driving in a stressful situation than me. They got us in a room asap and they checked out Tyler then brought Tyler Motrin and we waited for about an hour after that then they bandged him up and sent us on our way. Tyler fell asleep for awhile while we were waiting. We had the coolest RN, Joe, who was awesome with Tyler and got his hand wrapped up without Tyler totally freaking out.When we were on our way home I called my mom again and she suggested putting a sock on the hand to keep tyler from messing with it. That peaked Tylers interests and he didn't go to sleep for another half an hour after we got home. He is finally asleep and I am ready to crash. Goodnight everyone.

4 comments:

Parkin Family said...

WOW! What a thanksgiving! That would have freaked me out too. I'm glad Tyler is alright. It's amazing how quick they are!

twiddyfam said...

Give my little nephew a love from all of us, and I'll bring over some Dr. Pepper for your nerves.

Elizabeth said...

My goodness, that hand looks bad. I'm so glad it wasn't worse! I hope things go well at the doctors and that he heals quick! Hugs to you and Tyler!

Greg & Jen said...

Poor Guy! I hope that you are all doing okay. It's never fun to watch your little one in pain. It never fails, they find trouble no matter how much we watch out for them. Give Ty kisses and hugs for us.